May 2, 2018
Concept Brainstorming Roundtable
· Pretty Woman 2: Time to Upgrade to a Younger Model
· Runaway Bride 2: Soles on Fire
· I thought they were in more movies together?
· Roberts and Gere have amazing chemistry…. Chemistry. How about they are two chemists who develop a love potion… already been done? Sandra Bullock? Really?
· Magic. There hasn’t been a good magic movie since Harry Potter. How about if Julia plays a witch who is cursed. Any man that she falls in love with meets an untimely death. Bullock again? Wow.
· Maybe we need to start with the meet-cute and the broader picture will introduce itself. Thoughts?
· He kills her dog. Tries to make it up to her the rest of the movie – titled “Puppy Love”
· She wants a baby, he needed money. She gets matched with him in a sperm bank AND on match.com
· He runs a divorced dad support group full of his best buddies. She threatens the group dynamic when they start dating, so the motley crew divorced dads try and sabotage their relationship.
· Can we get Gere to gain weight? We can try a “he’s dating out of his league” angle.
· Regardless, we need to make sure her character is a bad driver… and with a comically large appetite. And likes wine.
· She’s a teacher, he’s a single father with a bratty kid… never mind, I’m already bored.
· I think we’re thinking about this all wrong. Gere is a grey fox. And you know what else is grey? Yep. 50 shades. We reintroduce the American Gigolo/Breathless Gere from the 80s. We take the heat they had in Pretty Woman and turn it up. No more of his Nights in Rodanthe/Sommersby crap.
· Julia has 3 kids. I know when my wife was home with the kids she couldn’t wait to get out and do more adult stuff. What’s more adult than full-frontal? Am I right or am I right?
· Find out whether Héctor Elizondo is still alive and willing to co-star.
· Find out if Joan Cusack still settling for roles as a BFF.
· Assign Roberts a handler to make sure she shaves her armpits.
· Get marketing to mock-up movie poster for “Puppy Love”
· Garry Marshall is rolling over in his grave. (Unanimous agreement)